While there are many youth-oriented programs in America today, CAP’s cadet program is unique in that it uses aviation as a cornerstone. Thousands of young people from 12 years through age 21 are introduced to aviation through CAP’s cadet program. The program allows young people to progress at their own pace through a 16-step program including aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership. Cadets compete for academic scholarships to further their studies in fields such as engineering, science, aircraft mechanics, aerospace medicine, meteorology, as well as many others. Those cadets who earn cadet officer status may enter the Air Force as an E3 (airman first class) rather than an E1 (airman basic).
Whatever your interests - survival training, flight training, photography, astronomy - there’s a place for you in CAP’s cadet program. Each year, cadets have the opportunity to participate in special activities at the local, state, regional or national level. Many cadets will have the opportunity to solo fly an airplane for the first time through a flight encampment or academy. Others will enjoy traveling abroad through the International Air Cadet Exchange Program. Still others assist at major air shows throughout the nation.
Cadet Program News:
February 5, 2023
Cadets of Utah Wing,
I feel it is more than fair to say that I owe all of you an apology for the activities that did not go as planned this winter. While there were many unforeseen difficulties with planning this year, ultimately the activities did not go as planned due to not starting the planning process early enough. With that being said, I am in the process of assembling a new staff of Assistant DCPs who will be able to help me streamline and more efficiently plan and execute more than one activity at a time.
CALL TO ACTION: Cadets please let me know which activities you would like to see hosted within Utah Wing by filling out the google form below.
CADET ACTIVITIES INTEREST FORM
Capt. Jeni Setera, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs, Utah Wing
Rocky Mountain Region Sponsored Cadet Activities:
For more information, Visit this site.
Cadet Programs Personnel:
Director of Cadet Programs:
Capt Jeni Setera
Assistants to the Director:
Lt Col Scott Carlisi - email
Utah Wing Cadet Advisory Council:
- WCAC Chair: C/LtCol Khyber Lee
- WCAC Vice Chair: C/Maj Gabriel Beninati
- WCAC Recorder: C/Capt Kaden Ames
- RMR Representative:
Wing CAC Representatives:
- (UT-080) Blackhawk Cadet Squadron: C/CMsgt Odin Morton
- (UT-049) Cache Valley Composite Squadron: C/CMsgt Jacob Nelson
- (UT-017) Castle Valley Composite Squadron: C/SMSgt. Haze Newman
- (UT-051) Cedar Mustangs Cadet Squadron: C/Capt Kaden Ames
- (UT-083) Phantom Composite Squadron: C/Capt Thomas Barlow
- (UT-048) Phoenix Cadet Squadron: C/A1C Hayden Miller
- (UT-053) Sevier Valley Cadet Squadron: C/LtCol Khyber Lee
- (UT-027) Weber Minuteman Composite Squadron: C/CMsgt Isaak Martinez
- (UT-117) Vernal Cadet Squadron: C/CMSgt. Max Christiansen