While there are many youth-oriented programs in America today, CAP’s cadet program is unique in that it uses aviation as a cornerstone. Thousands of young people from 12 years through age 21 are introduced to aviation through CAP’s cadet program. The program allows young people to progress at their own pace through a 16-step program including aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership. Cadets compete for academic scholarships to further their studies in fields such as engineering, science, aircraft mechanics, aerospace medicine, meteorology, as well as many others. Those cadets who earn cadet officer status may enter the Air Force as an E3 (airman first class) rather than an E1 (airman basic).
Whatever your interests - survival training, flight training, photography, astronomy - there’s a place for you in CAP’s cadet program. Each year, cadets have the opportunity to participate in special activities at the local, state, regional or national level. Many cadets will have the opportunity to solo fly an airplane for the first time through a flight encampment or academy. Others will enjoy traveling abroad through the International Air Cadet Exchange Program. Still others assist at major air shows throughout the nation.
Cadet Program News:
TDB, Page under construction. Please standby.
Rocky Mountain Region Sponsored Cadet Activities:
For more information, Visit this site.
Cadet Programs Personnel:
Director of Cadet Programs:
Lt. Col. Scott Carlisi
Assistants to the Director:
Lt. Col. Ray Anatacio - email
Utah Wing Cadet Advisory Council:
- WCAC Chair: C/Capt. Faith Christiansen
- WCAC Vice Chair:
- WCAC Recorder:
- RMR Representative: C/1st Lt. Ian Winthers
Wing CAC Representatives:
- (UT-080) Blackhawk Cadet Squadron:
- (UT-049) Cache Valley Composite Squadron: C/2nd Lt. Benjamin Anderson
- (UT-017) Castle Valley Composite Squadron: C/MSgt. Haze Newman
- (UT-051) Cedar Mustangs Cadet Squadron: C/SSgt. Ethan Serdoz
- (UT-083) Phantom Composite Squadron:
- (UT-048) Phoenix Cadet Squadron: C/1st Lt. Ian Winthers
- (UT-053) Sevier Valley Cadet Squadron: C/Capt. Khyber Lee
- (UT-067) Thunderbird Cadet Squadron: C/SSgt. Neoma Newton
- (UT-027) Weber Minuteman Composite Squadron: C/Capt. Faith Christiansen
- (UT-088) Bonneville Cadet Squadron: C/Capt. Rachel Crouter
- (UT-117) Vernal Cadet Squadron: C/CMSgt. Max Christiansen